It is time to move forward! About 20% of US churches have disaffiliated from the UMC. That means that 80% are staying. We have a strong consensus to build the United Methodist Church into God’s great future. This is why I co-founded and serve as President of Mainstream UMC—to build a great church!
It takes resources to build a great church. Please join me and donate today: www.MainstreamUMC.com/Donate
Unfortunately, there are very powerful individuals and groups who wake up every morning looking to further divide our beloved church. They are well-staffed, well-practiced, and actively raising money to play the political game again at General Conference 2024 to extend the season of fighting and disaffiliations.
Please do not take my word for it; read theirs:
- “Donate to help churches escape from the collapsing United Methodist denomination before it’s too late!”
- —Website home page for the Institute on Religion and Democracy
- “When I speak to a church about whether disaffiliation is the right path…There are two different churches within the UM Church. Really, two different faiths.”
- –Rob Renfroe, President, Good News.
- “We are living through some of Methodism’s most exciting days! [C]onferences are ratify[ing] the exits of traditional congregations tired of a dying, liberalizing denomination that has declined for 60 years…A generous donor has offered a matching grant of $10,000 towards helping churches exit…Please help today!”
- –Fundraising email, Mark Tooley, President, Institute on Religion and Democracy
- “1. To act as advocate and ally on behalf of churches and annual conferences which seek pathways out of the United Methodist Church. 2. To contend for fair, just, and amicable pathways out of the UMC for all.”
- –First and Second priorities, Mission Statement, Wesleyan Covenant Association
- “The vast majority of faithful United Methodists, especially outside of America, are…being held back by the UMC’s bureaucratic dysfunction and spiritual corruption…We would greatly appreciate a sacrificial donation.”
- –Fundraising email, John Lomperis, Director, UMAction, Institute on Religion and Democracy
Each of the individuals quoted above (and many on their boards) remain United Methodist themselves while they work for others to leave the church. We cannot allow these individuals and groups to take our positive momentum and turn General Conference 2024 into another mess.
It takes resources to counter their influence. Please join me and donate today: www.MainstreamUMC.com/Donate
We promise to wake up every morning planning and strategizing how to move our great church forward. We will work on your behalf to sort out fact from fiction. We will work for a General Conference 2024 that leaves us whole and holy. We can do this together!
Rev. Dr. Nanette Roberts
Co-Founder and President
If the web links above or below do not work, please copy and paste them directly into your browser. If you cannot see the header and footer, please download the pictures.
Mainstream UMC is a 501c3 tax-exempt organization.
You can read more about the Institute on Religion and Democracy here: Home – The Institute on Religion and Democracy (theird.org)
You can read Rob Renfroe’s belief that we are not actually Christians here: https://goodnewsmag.org/two-churches-two-faiths/
You can read more about the Wesleyan Covenant Association here: About the Orthodox Churches | Wesleyan Covenant