We have had many requests for talking points to support the One Church Plan. Please forward this to friends and family and delegates!
Mainstream UMC believes the One Church Plan is the Best Option for the United Methodist Church Because:
- It is faithful to Scripture and the example of the Apostles in Acts 15 of allowing different practices in different mission fields.
- It has been vetted by one of the most rigorous processes in our denomination’s history, a faithful, two-year study by the Commission on the Way Forward.
- It has been recommended by nearly two-thirds of all active UM Bishops
- It allows different regions in the U.S. to adapt to their mission field.
- It has no impact on the Central Conferences outside of the U.S.
- It retains the global structure of the church and shared critical ministries.
- It removes most of the controversial and hurtful language about LGBTQ persons.
- It protects the conscience of individual bishops, conferences, pastors, and churches.
- It requires no votes by conferences or churches.
- It is financially faithful to pension commitments for active and retired pastors.
- It puts an end to church trials regarding gay clergy and gay weddings.
- It holds the denomination together to Make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World.
Please help spread the word. Please donate or Sign Up here on the website.
Like us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/MainstreamUMC
And follow us on Twitter @MainstreamUMC